I was really craving a good burger the other day. When I went to act on this craving, I saw that I had some bell peppers and ground turkey in the fridge. Perfect! I dove right in and concocted some moist, delicious patties that I decided to serve on my Jalapeño Cheddar Buns. The result was fabulousness in my mouth.
- 1 1/4 Lbs. Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Green Bell Pepper – Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (or more if you like it spicier!)
- 5 Slices Cheddar Cheese (optional topping)
- 1/2 Red Onion – Sliced (optional topping)
1. Throw all ingredients, except cheese and onion, into a large mixing bowl.
2. Get your hands dirty making awesome burger patties. This recipe makes 5 quarter-pound patties. You may choose to make yours bigger or smaller, just vary your cooking time accordingly.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. When it’s nice and hot, ad the burger patties to the pan, and DO NOT touch them for 8 minutes! After those 8 minutes, flip the patties and cook for another 8 minutes, WITHOUT TOUCHING! Next, add your cheese slices to the tops of the patties and cook for one more minute, or until the cheese is to your desired melty-ness.
4. Serve on my Jalapeño Cheddar Buns with ketchup and red onion (or whatever your favorite fixin’s are). DEEEEE-LISH!