My husband had recently eaten a burger with a cheesy-peppery bun at a restaurant and couldn’t stop talking about it. So, instead of getting jealous, I made my own! It’s safe to say that these buns have replaced those, and in his words, “They have just the right amount of spice.” I served them with my Bell Pepper Turkey Burgers, and I don’t know that I’ll ever think of a burger bun the same way again.
You can most definitely make these buns smaller and use them as dinner rolls.
- 7/8 Cup Water
- 1 4 oz. Can Diced Jalapeños (save brine in jar)
- 3 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar, or 1 Tbsp Splenda Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Bread Machine Yeast
- 1 Cup (Heaping) Sharp Cheddar Cheese – Diced
1. Drain brine from jalapeño jar into 7/8 cup water (should be about 1 cup total), and microwave this liquid on high for 1 minute.
2. Add all ingredients to your bread machine, as directed by your machine’s manual.
3. Set your bread machine to the “dough” setting and run the cycle.
4. When the dough is finished, remove the dough from the bread machine onto a floured surface and divide into 10 even pieces (12 – 14 if you’re making dinner rolls). Place on greased or nonstick cookie sheets and let rise for 45 minutes.
5. Bake at 375º for 15 – 18 minutes. Look at those buns!