These are incredibly easy, tasty, and impressive! I made these the other night and my husband said he felt like he was eating some gourmet restaurant meal. What a fantastic compliment for a make-it-up-as-you-go cook like me!
- 5-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Pesto (I used store bought, but more power to ya if you make it yourself!)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter (If you have some of that spray butter on hand – that will work fine too!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400º (I use the “Convection Roast” setting on my oven) and prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish by coating it with nonstick cooking spray if it is not already nonstick.
2. In a gallon plastic freezer bag, pound each chicken breast until it is an even 1/2 inch thick throughout.
3. Season both sides of each pounded chicken breast with salt and pepper.
4. Spread 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons of pesto on each breast, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
5. Tightly roll up each breast and secure with toothpicks.
6. Drizzle (or spray) butter over each breast and top with a coat of bread crumbs.
7. Cook for 18 – 20 minutes on convection (25 – 30 min in a conventional oven), or until chicken is cooked through and bread crumbs are browned.