Perfect for breakfast! Sweet blueberries in a hearty whole wheat muffin. 127 calories each, with the use of Smart Balance Cooking Oil and Splenda Baking Blend. Next time I make these, I might add a sprinkle of brown sugar on top and increase the amount of vanilla (or maybe add some other flavoring?!) for a little something extra!
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3 Tbsp Splenda Baking Blend (or 1/3 Cup Sugar)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Milk
- 2 tbsp Smart Balance Cooking Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Blueberries (one of those 6 oz. containers at the grocery store is perfect)
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Place 12 paper cupcake liners in a muffin tin. (Tip: give each cup a little spritz of nonstick cooking spray and your muffins will come right out of the papers without sticking!)
3. In a large bowl, stir flour, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. In a small bowl, combine milk, cooking oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until just combined. Then, fold in blueberries.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and bake for 18 minutes. Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes before digging in! Those blueberries will be piping hot, so be careful!