We love asparagus. We also love feta. Put the two together, and you’ve got a great side for any meal!
- 1 Bunch Asparagus – stalk ends cut off and chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional – we like the hint of spice!)
- 1/4 Cup Feta – crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. In a large bowl, combine EVOO, garlic, lemon juice, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add chopped asparagus and toss to coat.
3. Add feta to bowl and toss.
4. Pour mixture into greased 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 baking dish (I like using this dish because it keeps everything close together and under control, not rolling all over a cookie sheet).
5. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the dish and bake for 13 minutes (for some reason, 13 minutes is perfect in my oven).