These are great muffins to enjoy on-the-go for breakfast. The yogurt makes them so moist, while the oats and whole wheat flour provide the heartiness to fill you up on your way to work (or the gym, the mall, school…you get the point).
With 176 calories, 6 grams of protein, and 3 grams of fiber each, these muffins make the perfect handheld coffee companion. If these are a bit much for you, try my lighter, and lower-calorie, Low Fat Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Whole Grain Oats
- 1/3 Cup Splenda Baking Blend (or 2/3 Cup Sugar)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Vanilla Low Fat Yogurt
- 2 Eggs – Beaten Lightly
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 – 2 Cups Blueberries (Preferably fresh, but I did use frozen the first time I made these and they were great!)
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a 12 – cup muffin tin with paper liners. I give each liner a little spritz of non-stick cooking spray and it helps the muffins come out super easy!
2. Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, oats, Splenda/sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda) in large mixing bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
4. Slowly add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Fold in blueberries until they are well incorporated.
6. Fill each muffin cup almost to the top. These muffins will round up nicely and form a beautiful dome. Be sure that each muffin has a couple blueberries on top!
7. Bake for 23 – 25 Minutes. Allow them to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.