This recipe was given to me by my Mother-in-Law, Patty. She has made it for years, and it is slowly becoming my go-to recipe for whenever I need rolls or buns for any meal. These are so soft and moist. Whenever I make them, that fresh-baked-bread smell just infuses my house with the feeling of “home.”
- 1 1/4 Cup Nonfat Milk – Warmed in microwave for 1 minute
- 1 Egg – Beaten
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine – Cut into small pieces
- 3 3/4 Cup Bread Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Bread Machine Yeast
1. Place ingredients in bread machine, according to your manual’s instructions. Mine calls for liquids first, then dry ingredients, then yeast.
2. Select the Dough setting on your bread machine and let it run.
3. When the dough is done, roll it out into a long sausage shape. Cut slices of dough to your desired size (you can do small dinner rolls or larger sandwich buns). Round each slice into a ball, tucking dough underneath itself to create a smooth, domed top.
4. Lay dough balls out on nonstick cookie sheets and let rise for 45 minutes to an hour – until they’ve doubled in size.
5. Bake at 350° for 13 – 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.