These were just something I threw together because I was craving something sweet. My usual go-to is chocolate chip cookies, but OH NO! I was out of chocolate chips!!
I had some shredded coconut to work with, but I only had whole wheat flour. I decided to go for it, and my husband and I were thoroughly pleased with the result!
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (or 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar (or 1/2 Cup Splenda Baking Blend)
- 1/2 Cup Butter – Room Temperature
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Slowly mix in the flour mixture, then the coconut.
5. When all ingredients are thoroughly mixed into a yummy batter, drop it by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. These will not spread out very much, so they can be fairly close together.
6. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until coconut flakes are golden around the edges.
**Next time I will totally dip half of these cookies in melted chocolate.. how yummy would that be?!