These muffins are ONLY 98 CALORIES each, and everybody loved them! Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up. My husband even says he’d eat one for dessert!
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 Cup Protein Powder (I used chocolate flavored because that’s what we had on hand, and it was great!)
- 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Medium/Large Ripe Bananas – Mashed
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Nonfat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (or your desired sugar substitute – just check the label for conversion instructions)
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tins with enough papers for about 14 muffins (I know, kind of a funny amount).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oats, protein powder, flour, baking powder, and salt).
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (bananas, vanilla, and milk).
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix, then add sugar, and mix it all really well.
5. Fill your muffin cups about 3/4 full. These muffins will rise a little, but not a ton, so don’t be scared to make them more full than you would standard cupcakes or something.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Mine took about 18.
Allow these to cool all the way before trying to remove the paper cups and eat them.