Earlier this week, I was just having one of those days… going, going, going, then all of a sudden, “Uh oh. What am I making for dinner!?” A local farm stand had some great looking yams and zucchini, so I decided to pair them with some salmon I’d frozen a couple months ago. My husband loved it, and said he really liked the yam/zucchini combo. I’ll fur sure be making this again!
- 2 Medium-Large Zucchini – sliced, then quartered
- 2 Medium Yams or Sweet Potatoes (You basically want the zucchini to yam ratio to be 1:1, so just eyeball it.) – chopped into 1/2in. pieces
- 2 Tbsp Heat-Safe Oil (ex. Canola Oil)
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 400° and prep a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, toss your zucchini and yams with the oil, s & p. Make sure everything is coated evenly.
3. Spoon half of the zucchini mixture into your baking dish, and pat down to form an even layer. Sprinkly 1 1/2 Tbsp of brown sugar on top.
4. Spoon in a second layer of zucchini and yams, topping with brown sugar again.
5. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, stirring once at the halfway point. (If using convection, cook about 30 min)