I just made this salad last night to supplement some homemade pizzas, and is was a terrific hit! I was going for an Olive Garden knock off, and I must say that this was pretty darn close! I’ll definitely be making this salad and dressing again soon.
For the Salad:
- 1 Bag American Blend Salad
- 1 Small Tomato – Coarsely Chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 of a Red Onion – Sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Pickled Pepperoncini – Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Croutons (I used the Butter & Garlic kind.)
- 1/4 Grated Parmesan Cheese
*Note: in the future I would add 1/4 Cup Sliced Black Olives.
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. EVOO
- 1 Clove of Garlic – Minced
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
1. Put all dressing ingredients in a blender or salad dressing mixer and mix well – about 30 seconds. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
2. Put the salad blend in a large salad bowl, then top with the tomato, onion, pepperoncini, and olives if you chose to include them. Top it off with the croutons and a good dusting of parmesan cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. When ready to serve, toss the salad with about 1/2 to 3/4 of the dressing. This leaves a bit left for people that would like a little extra.