Ok, so these were an accident. I didn’t know what to make as a side dish for the tilapia we were having for dinner, so I grabbed some brussels sprouts from our local veggie stand, and went to work in my kitchen. I happened to have some salami in the fridge, and who doesn’t love something that is sweet, but has that spicy kick?! My husband dubbed these his “new favorite,” so I figured I better record this recipe before I forget!
Feel free to alter any of these amounts according to your family’s taste buds!
- 1.5 lb Brussels Sprouts – stems cut off, then quartered
- 1/2 Cup Italian Dry Salami – coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2-3 tsp Siracha (or more if you want more spice)
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp EVOO
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the honey, Siracha, and lime juice. Set aside.
2. In a large pan, heat your EVOO over medium-high heat.
3. Add the salami and b-sprouts to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing every few minutes, until the salami is crisp, and the b-sprouts are nice and tender. 10 minutes or so.
4. When the goodies in your pan are looking nice and yummy, pour everything into the bowl with your honey sauce. Toss and serve immediately!