This recipe provides a simple way to jazz up your average taco bar. Whip up this chicken, serve it with all your favorite burrito or taco extras, and your family can build their own masterpiece.
- 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Taco Sauce
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional Burrito/Taco Bar Fixings:
- Tortillas/Taco Shells
- Refried Black Beans
- Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Season both sides of your chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Arrange them in a baking dish prepped with nonstick spray & bake. Convection Roast Time: 15 – 20 min. Conventional Bake Time: 30 – 40 min
3. In the mean time, chop your green onions and set aside.
4. When your chicken is done, turn your oven down to 350°.
5. Cut your chicken into cubes, and in a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the taco sauce and half of the cheese.
6. Prep a small baking dish (8×8 square or an equivalent is fine) with nonstick spray and create an even layer of chicken on the bottom. Top with the rest of the cheese, and bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melted.
7. Sprinkle the green onions on top before serving on your taco bar!