These bars have been making the rounds on the internet, and my husband was actually the one to send them over to me. They include everything he has ever loved in a dessert: peanut butter, chocolate, and cheesecake. So, being the loving wife that I am ::wink wink:: I whipped them up! Man, were these good! I’ll definitely be making these again.
- for the crust
16 Whole Nutter Butter Cookies
1/4 cup melted butter
- for the cheesecake filling
8 oz. Cream Cheese – Softened
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
6 Fun Size Butterfinger Bars
- for the topping
3/4 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a 9×9 square dish with foil, spray with nonstick spray, and set aside.
2. Grind Nutter Butter cookies in a food processor until they’re the consistency of graham cracker crumbs. Pour in melted butter and pulse a few times to mix. Press into prepared dish.
3. In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Stir in egg, vanilla and flour. Finely chop Butterfingers and fold into the cheesecake mixture. Pour over the top of the Nutter Butter crust.
4. Bake 20 – 22 minutes or until cheesecake has set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until completely chilled.
5. Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a small bowl in the microwave, stirring every 20-30 seconds. Do not burn! Once the chips are really soft, just stirring them well and mixing with the butter will probably melt them completely.
6. Spread the melted chocolate over the top of the bars evenly and place them back into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to harden the chocolate.
7. After hardening, promptly remove the bars from the refrigerator, take them out of the dish using the foil, and cut into squares. If you wait too long to cut them, the chocolate tends to crack into pieces. Store in refrigerator.