This recipe was given to me by a friend. She had made it before, and I was surprised how easy it was! Sorry this photo is terrible – I forgot to get a picture before the hubs and I almost devoured this one!
I was wanting to make some freezer meals, so I increased the amounts of some things to make multiple servings.
This recipe makes 3 9″ round pies.
- 3 – 3.5 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 – 2 Cups Water, Broth, or White Wine
- 16 oz. Frozen Vegetable Medley
- 16 oz. Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom
- 2 Cans Grands Flaky Biscuits
- Salt & Papper to Taste
*You could add another can of “Cream of..” if you like it more moist and creamy on the inside.
1. Preheat oven to 350° and prepare two 9×13 baking dishes with nonstick spray.
2. Season both sides of your chicken breasts with salt and pepper, arrange them in the 9×13’s, and add in your water/broth/wine until there is an even 1/2-inch of liquid surrounding the chicken in each dish. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes before chopping into bite-sized pieces.
3. In a LARGE bowl (like, the largest one you have), mix together your chicken, veggies, soups. Add another helping of salt and pepper, then toss it all to combine it thoroughly.
4. Distribute this mixture evenly amongst 3 pie tins that have been prepared with nonstick spray. Top with 5 or 6 of the Grand’s Biscuits. spreading them out as needed and pinching seams together.
5. Bake for 30 – 45 minutes, or until biscuits are golden. In my oven this is about 35 – 38 minutes.
**If freezing these pies, freeze before baking. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and then foil. These will last a few months in the freezer. Let thaw overnight before baking.