This recipe is so yummy! We love Italian flavors in our house, and who doesn’t love the comfort of chowder? I think next time I make this I’ll add a veggie just for more complexity, but paired with some homemade bread – this was awesome!
- 4 Slices Turkey Bacon
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 32 oz. Chicken Broth
- 3 Russet Potatoes – Peeled & Diced
- 12 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
1. Over medium-high heat, cook your bacon in a skillet until brown and crispy – 8 minutes-ish. Set aside on paper-towel-lined plate.
2. In the same skillet, add brown your Italian sausage. Crumble it really well as it’s cooking.
3. In a large pot, heat your EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent – 3 minutes.
4. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cool until tender – 12 minutes.
5. Stir in sausage, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Let this all hang out for a few minutes while the flavors combine.
6. Serve, topped with bacon crumbles. (Make sure you have some good bread handy! You’ll want to dip it in the broth!)