These rolls are totally simple and are perfect for any dinner. I made these to bring to Thanksgiving and they sure are yummy!
- 1 Cup Water – Warmed in Microwave for 1 Minute
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Butter – Softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (I actually used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Bread Machine Yeast (Instant Yeast)
1. Place all ingredients into your bread machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. I do mine in the order listed, making sure that the yeast at the end does not come in contact with any of the water below.
2. Run the Dough cycle. Do not delay.
3. When the cycle is complete, remove the dough onto a floured or other nonstick surface. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
4. Separate dough into 16 small portions and roll into balls, smoothing the tops with your thumb and tucking the dough underneath the ball. Place them in the baking dish. It’s ok if they’re touching.
5. Let the dough balls rise for 30 min, until they have doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 375°.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are nice and golden brown.