This rice is so yummy, and it is the perfect complement to my Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas.
This recipe makes quite a bit, so you could even freeze some for later if you’d like!
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Basmati or Jasmine Rice (we like Jasmine Rice in our house, so I throw it in everything.)
- 1 (8 oz.) Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can of Diced Carrots & Peas
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 2 Roma Tomatoes – Diced
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oil in a large skilled over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until the onions are translucent. Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes until it is toasted.
2. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring this to a simmer for about 2 minutes. Stir in corn, carrots, peas, chili powder, and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Bring this mixture to a boil, then cover it and reduce the heat. Simmer until the rice is cooked through, about 15 minutes or so.
4. Stir in the diced tomatoes and serve immediately.