Growing up, my grandmother made this party mix every Christmas. It is a family tradition that I have now taken on, and I look forward to it every year! Sometimes I’ve tried to tweak it here and there, but I think I’ve finally found the best recipe. Glad I actually am taking the time to write it down! Enjoy 🙂
This is the seasoned topping. You will make TWO SEPARATE BATCHES of this.
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter – Melted (x2 Batches) – 1 Cup Total
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (x2 Batches) – 1/4 Cup Total
- 1 1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt (x2 Batches) – 3 tsp Total
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder (x2 Batches) – 1 1/2 tsp Total
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder (x2 Batches) – 1 tsp Total
This is your Party Mix Blend.
- 3 Cups Wheat Chex
- 3 Cups Rice Chex
- 3 Cups Corn Chex
- 1 Cup Unsalted Whole Cashews
- 2 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 2 Cups Cheeze-Its
- 1 Cup Original Corn Nuts
- 4 Cups REAL Puffy Cheetos
- 1 12.6 oz. Package Holiday Colored Peanut M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 250° and prepare a large roaster with nonstick spray.
2. Pour all Party Mix Blend ingredients, EXCEPT THE M&M’s, into your roaster. Toss to evenly distribute.
3. In a spouted measuring cup, whisk together 1 BATCH of your seasoned topping (all ingredients). Pour half of this mixture evenly over the Party Mix Blend, toss to coat, pour the other half over the Party Mix, and toss it again.
4. Put your seasoned Party Mix in the oven for 15 minutes. In the meantime, make up your 2nd batch of the seasoned topping.
5. After those first 15 minutes, pour 1/3 of your 2nd batch of seasoned topping evenly over the Party Mix. Toss to coat, then back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
6. Repeat this pour | stir | oven process two more times to use up the other 2/3 of the seasoned mixture, and so your Party Mix bakes for a total of 1 hour.
7. Once the Party Mix has cooled, mix the M&M’s in for some Holiday flair.
Serve immediately, or store in aluminum pans that are TIGHTLY covered with foil. Do not use plastic to cover them, and do not dump the party mix into a plastic bag. Foil is best to keep the mix crisp.