These carrots are a super quick and easy way to have a scrumptious veggie side for just about any main dish.
There are lots of recipes like this out there, but I prefer the high-heat roast, the bite sized pieces, and my addition of cinnamon to give it a little something extra!
- 8 Carrots (preferably organic) – peeled and ends cut off
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper – to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400º. I use “Convection Roast” setting on my convection oven. Use the same temperature if you’re using a conventional oven, just roast for longer (see step 5).
2. Chop carrots into thirds, and then chop each of those thirds into quarters.
3. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, honey, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Add chopped carrots and toss to coat.
4. Spread carrots out in one even layer on cookie sheet lined with nonstick foil, or use regular foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Roast in preheated oven for 20 min. in convection oven, 25 min. in conventional oven, or until carrots are browned and tender.
6. Serve and enjoy! I most recently made these to go with my Classic Turkey Meatloaf (pictured).