This recipe is a total crowd pleaser! Everyone I’ve made it for has loved it. It is extremely easy to double (just make two loaves instead of one), and also makes some great french toast!!
I made this and added thinly sliced apples before rolling up the dough and it was FANTASTIC!!!
For the Bread
- 1/2 Cup Milk – Warmed for 1 minute in the microwave
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter – Cut up in to small pieces
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Bread Machine Yeast
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Softened Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- (optional) Half an Apple – Thinly Sliced
1. Place the bread ingredients in your bread machine according to the manual’s specifications. Select the “Dough” setting and let it run.
2. When the dough has finished, transfer it to a floured, or otherwise non-stick, surface. Punch it down and let it rest for 10 minutes or so.
3. Roll out the dough into a 9 x 14 rectangle.
4. In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the filling.
5. Spread the softened butter over the top of the rectangle, then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Add a layer of apples here if you’d like!
5. Tightly roll up your dough, starting on the small end, then pinch the seam closed.
6. Prepare your loaf pan with cooking spray, then place your dough in it to rise for about 30 minutes.
7. Preheat your oven to 350°.
8. Bake cinnamon loaf for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and it is hollow-sounding when tapped. Let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.