This was a HIT all around! We love chicken, casserole, and Ritz crackers, so I knew this was going to be good! We served this over a bed of sticky rice, but I might just put the rice in the dish next time!
ALSO – I made two 8×8 dishes. Cooked one, and froze the other.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken – shredded (This produces a couple cups or so of chicken)
- 2 Cans “Cream Of ____” – I used celery and mushroom, but you can use whatever!
- 16 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers – crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Head Broccoli – cut into florets
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – chopped
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- 3 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
(optional) 2 Cups Cooked Rice of your choice – for serving, or toss it in the casserole if you’re feeling like it!
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Mix together the chicken, soup, sour cream, 3/4 of the cheese, broccoli, bell pepper, and seasonings.
3. Transfer mixture into two 8×8 or one 9×13 baking dish, prepared with nonstick spray.
4. Top with crushed Ritz and the last 1/4 of the cheese. Drizzle veggie oil or melted butter on top and cover with foil.
5. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes, until the top is golden and the cheese is all melty and yummy.