This dish is simple and tasty. We really love tilapia, and the addition of italian seasonings and parmesan just makes it irresistible.
This recipe is definitely one of my favorite go-tos when I don’t know what to make for dinner and want to stay on the lighter side.
- 1 lb. Tilapia Filets
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Seasoning (The Johnny’s Garlic Spread is awesome! If you don’t have some, get it. You can use it on almost anything.)
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400º. (I use my “Convection Bake” setting for this, but you can use the regular “Bake” setting if you have a conventional oven.)
2. Spread tilapia filets out on cookie sheet lined with nonstick foil, or use regular foil and spray with nonstick spray.
3. Season both sides of tilapia with salt and pepper.
4. Lightly drizzle lemon juice over each filet, just enough to give it a hint of lemon flavor. Don’t drench them or rinse off all of the S &P you just applied.
5. In a small bowl, combine garlic and italian seasonings, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Toss them so they’re well mixed, then sprinkle this mixture on each of the filets. (I add an extra shot of cheese on top for good measure.)
6. Bake for 18 min if using convection. If using a conventional oven, bake for about 25 min.
I most recently made this and served it with my Baked Tarragon Sweet Potatoes (bottom picture).