I will DEFINITELY be making this again soon! We totally devoured this, and it was so easy to make!
- 2 Lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (About 4 Halves)
- 1 Lb. Brussels Sprouts
- 7 oz. Tub of Pesto
- 0.6 oz. Package Dry Italian Dressing Mix
- 1.5 oz. Bacon Bits
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375° (If using convection – use roast setting. If using conventional oven – use standard bake setting.). Then prep a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Chop the stems off of your brussels sprouts, and cut them in half, discarding any discolored outer leaves. Place them in a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, bacon bits, and a good sprinkling of salt and pepper.
3. Evenly combine and coat the brussels sprouts and bacon, then transfer the mixture to your baking dish, arranging them around the outside, like so:
4. Season both sides of your chicken breasts with salt & pepper, then lay them in your baking dish, inside of the brussels sprout ring you created.
5. In a small bowl, mix the pesto and italian dressing mix together, then spread this mixture all over the top of your chicken. Don’t worry if some gets on your brussels sprouts! It will still be yummy! Check it out (there’s chicken under there, I swear.):
6. Convection Roast Time: 15 – 20 min. Conventional Bake Time: 30 – 40 min. Everything will be nice and brown on top when you take it out of the oven.
The leftovers are just as yummy, too!