This was created as a product of one of those panicky, “cook whatever’s in the kitchen” moments, and I was pleasantly surprised! It’s way easy and the hubby loved it. I served it with some roasted brussels sprouts. Next time I make this, I will definitely be using spicier sausage. The added heat would be a good kick!
- 1 Box Spaghetti (16oz)
- 1 lb Ground Italian Sausage (I used mild, but I will definitely be using medium-spicy next time!)
- 1 Jar Pickled Asparagus (16oz) – Chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 – 1/3 Cup EVOO
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning (If you aren’t sure what this is, click here. It’s a great product!)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In medium pan or skillet, brown the italian sausage over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water (seasoned with 1tsp salt) to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to the directions on the box. About 7 or 8 minutes.
3. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add sausage and asparagus to the pasta.
4. Add EVOO, garlic seasoning, basil, and pepper to pasta mixture and toss to coat.
5. Make sure pasta, seasonings, and toppings are evenly distributed throughout the dish, then spoon onto serve ware and top with grated parmesan cheese. Y-U-M!