Ok, so my picture for this kinds sucks. Once I had poured this over my brown rice and quinoa, and had a beautiful sight in front of me, I wanted to just dive in and forgot to snap a pic! So, the picture below is better than nothing, right?
Anyway – this came out fantastic. It’s sweet, spicy, and hearty. Pour this BBQ beef over rice or noodles and dive right in. The beef just falls apart. It would actually make a great shredded BBQ beef sandwich on my Jalapeño Cheddar Buns! Hm.. I’ll have to try that next time!
You could easily make half of this recipe, too! I just had a ton of stew meat to use, so I decided to use a full 3 pounds.
- 3 lbs. Beef Stew Meat (or you could use beef tips)
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- 2 Small Cans Tomato Paste
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 3/4 Cup Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (more or less – to taste)
- 3 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Dried Onion Flakes (or you can toss in 1 Cup fresh chopped onion)
- 8 Celery Stalks – Chopped
1. Place all ingredients, except beef and celery, in your slow cooker and whisk to dissolve the brown sugar, break up the tomato paste, and thoroughly combine. (I use liners in my slow cooker, and they make cleanup super simple, and you don’t have to worry about cooked-on sauce! I highly recommend them.)
2. Add celery and beef to the sauce mixture and toss to evenly distribute, making sure that the beef is fully immersed in the sauce.
3. Cook on low 6 hours, and serve over your favorite noodles or grains!