This soup was awesome! Definitely making again. Perfect for the start of fall.
This makes about 6 large servings. My husband and I had this for dinner for a couple nights and still had a few bowls worth of leftovers for the freezer. This recipe would probably be the perfect amount if you have a family of 4+ and some of them want seconds. 🙂 I might double this next time so I have even more for the freezer.
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 2 Large Stocks Celery – Diced
- 1 Large Carrot – Diced
- 1 14 oz. Can Cut Green Beans
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 14oz. Cans Petite Diced Tomatoes in Italian Herbs
- 1 14oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 14 oz. Can Kidney Beans
- 1 Cup Dry Elbow Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
- Kosher Salt
1. Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté about 1 minute. Add the celery and carrot and sauté about 8 minutes until they begin to soften.
2. Stir in the green beans, oregano, basil, and S&P to taste. Let that cook for a few minutes while the flavors blend.
3. Add the diced and crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth, stir to combine, then bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the kidney beans and pasta, then cook until the pasta is done and the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
5. Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.