Italian is my favorite type of pasta salad, aside from my Hawaiian Mac Salad – that holds a special place in my heart. This salad is full of flavors and can, actually it should, be totally prepped the day before any dinner or potluck. Every time I make this it’s a fan favorite. I don’t blame ’em!
- 1 lb. Whole Grain Rotini Pasta
- 1 Bottle Bernstein’s Cheese & Garlic Italian Salad Dressing (I’ve tried many others and this is the best!)
- 8 oz. Italian Dry Salami – chopped
- 1/2 Small Purple Onion – chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (packed in oil) – chopped
- 1/2 Cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts – chopped
- 1 Can Black Olives – cut in half longways
- 1 Can Garbonzo Beans – drained
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella – buy cubed or cut up some string cheese
- 1/3 – 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese – reserve a little for garnish on top
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil – chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
1. Cook pasta the night before, toss with 2/3 of the salad dressing, and refrigerate overnight. Chop any other ingredients that need it (except for the onion) while your pasta is cooking to make the next day easier.
2. Give your pasta a good toss the next morning to redistribute some of the dressing that wasn’t absorbed by the pasta overnight.
3. Chop your onion and then add it to your pasta along with the remaining ingredients, the rest of the salad dressing, and all but a small handful of parmesan cheese. Toss to thoroughly combine.
4. Sprinkle the top of your pasta salad with that last little bit of parmesan and you’re ready to serve!