I made this with a bunch of items I had on hand, and I was so pleased with how it turned out! The hubs even said, “Yum! This is my new favorite!” It’s an all-in-one dish with protein and veggies mixed in with the pasta, so you just have to grab a bowl and dig in!
20 oz. Three-Cheese Tortellini (I used Buitoni)
12 oz Chicken Sausage Links (I used Al Fresco)
7 oz. Pesto (I used Buitoni)
1 Bell Pepper (Red, Yellow, or Orange – your choice) – chopped
1/2 Head Broccoli – cut into bite-sized pieces (Heck, do a whole head if you want. I just only had half, but the more veggies, the better!)
2 Tbsp EVOO
1 tsp salt
1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions, adding 1 tsp salt to your cooking water before it comes to the initial boil.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a skillet according to the package’s stove-top directions.
3. When sausage is done, remove them from the pan and toss the veggies in with 1 Tbsp of the EVOO. Allow the pepper and broccoli to sauté and soften a bit while you slice up your chicken sausage links.
4. By now, your pasta should be about done. Strain it and return it to the pot. Drizzle 1 Tbsp EVOO on the pasta and toss to coat. This will make sure it doesn’t stick to itself.
5. When the veggies are nice and soft, toss them in with the pasta. Add the sausage and pesto, then toss it all together. Voila! Dinner!