This is my new favorite way to prepare a steak, and these mushrooms are just scrumptious. Yes, there’s 10 steps, but this is super simple. This recipe is a husband-pleaser for sure!
4 3-oz Top Sirloin Steaks, about 1 1/2 in. Thick
2 Cartons Sliced Mushrooms (or slice your own)
1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
4 Cloves Garlic – Minced
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Dried Parsley + More for Garnish
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Put the steaks in a zip-top plastic bag, then pour 1/4 Cup EVOO and 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar over them. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper to the bag. Toss lightly to coat the steaks and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to reach room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350º.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp EVOO over HOT HOT flame in cast-iron skillet.
4. Once the EVOO is screamin’ hot, add the steaks to the skillet and DO NOT TOUCH for 3 minutes. Then, flip them and DO NOT TOUCH them for another 3 minutes.
5. Move the steaks to an oven-safe baking dish and top each one with 1/2 Tbsp of butter. Pop those babies in the oven for 7 minutes.
6. In the meantime, turn the heat on your skillet down to medium and scrape to the bottom to loosen all the goodness stuck at the bottom. Add 1 Tbsp EVOO, let it heat up for a minute or so, then add the mushrooms.
7. Sautée mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until they’ve softened, then add 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and garlic.
8. Remove steaks from oven after their 7 minutes and let them rest while you’re finishing up the mushrooms.
9. Continue tossing mushrooms until they’re softened and evenly coated in balsamic vinegar, and the garlic is browned, about 4 more minutes.
10. Plate your steaks, top them with 1/4 of the mushrooms, and sprinkle feta and parsley over the top.