We finished eating these fish tacos so fast that I forgot to take any pictures! They’re that good! I most definitely will make them again soon and will remember to take pictures! Each tilapia loin will make two tacos.
- 4 Tilapia Loins
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper – cut into thin strips
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – cut into thin strips
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper – cut into thin strips
Choice of toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Salsa (I used Mango Peach Salsa from Costco – really yummy!)
- Shredded lettuce or coleslaw
- Shredded Cheese
1. Coat tilapia loins in taco seasoning.
2. Heat EVOO in both a sauté pan and in another heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, 1 Tbsp each.
3. Add tilapia loins to frying pan, and peppers to the sauté pan.
4. Sauté peppers for 8 – 10 minutes, while cooking tilapia 4 minutes per side.
5. Combine sautéed peppers and fish into one pan and turn heat to low.
6. Pace each tortilla in the now empty warmed pan for 20 – 30 seconds before filling it with goodies.
7. Cut each tilapia loin in half, crosswise. Fill each tortilla with a tilapia loin half, peppers, salsa, sour cream, cole slaw, and then cheese. Serve and eat immediately!