This is your classic sausage, egg, and potato breakfast bake. We make these all the time on the weekends, and the family loves it. Bake up one of these on Saturday, and enjoy the leftovers on Sunday! This is also perfect to bring to a brunch event.
- 1 Package (30 oz.) Frozen Potatoes – Thawed and drained of excess water. (I used Potatoes O’Brien with the chopped peppers in it.)
- 1 Pound Breakfast Sausage (You can use patties, links, or ground sausage. I used patties because it’s what I had.)
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk (I used nonfat.)
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Sprinkle of Paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Meanwhile, brown your sausage in a skillet over medium heat. If using links or patties, cut them into small, bite-size pieces.
2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, sausage, 1 cup of cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour this into a 9 x 13 casserole dish prepare with nonstick spray.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs and milk together, then pour over the sausage and potatoes.
4. Top with the rest of the cheese, then give it a good sprinkle of paprika.
5. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean.